Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentines

Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays. I know a lot of people hate V-Day because they do not have a significant other, but I never felt that way. I was probably the happiest single woman in the U.S. every V-Day because I knew that I wasn't a half waiting to be made whole. I was an awesome, chocolate-eating single girl who made sweet mixed CDs!

Anyway, here are some V-Day cards I made with supplies from Michael's.





 

Pretty sweet, huh? They were fun and easy to make. I also made this special note holder for my boyfriend. I actually saw this craft in Martha Stewart's magazine and thought it was something you could buy because I had my glasses off and couldn't see the fine print. The next day I thought, "I could make that myself." So I did. And this is what I created.




It is is bright and manly because that is what Jono likes. Jono hates pink and hearts, so I try to appease him as much as I can on Valentine's Day.

Anyway, later I read the magazine with my glasses on and saw that it was a craft with instructions. You can follow them here:
1. Fill the envelopes with handwritten notes, assorted mementos, and little presents such as gift cards or movie tickets. 
2. To make, glue the inside of the flap of each envelope to the front of the envelope above it.




No comments:

Post a Comment